Project LINK offers community workshops where topics focus on financial planning, budgeting, consumer education, employment, & healthcare initiatives.
Workshops titled PARENTING, focus on strategies designed to help all parents establish home environments that support all children as students.
Following the framework of Dr. Joyce Epstein,these workshops help parents develop better parenting skills by:
1) Providing suggestions and ideas for home conditions that support learning.
2) Providing grade level opportunities for parents to learn about parenting and child-rearing through workshops, videotapes and computerized phone messages.
3) Providing parent education and other courses or training for parents (e.g., GED, college credit, family literacy, etc).
4) Directing families to support programs for health, nutrition and other services.
5) Conducting home visits at transition points to preschool, elementary, middle and high school students; Initiating neighborhood meetings to help families understand schools policies and procedures and to help schools understand families cultural diversities.